I'm a board member at my church and would like to have a…

Customer Question
I'm a board member...

I'm a board member at my church and would like to have a lawyer to draft letter of permission to carry a conceal weapon on our church primness here in Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any official paperwork been filed?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I believe that what you actually need is a "Letter Agreement" between the church and the parishioner(s) who will be permitted to carry a concealed weapon on the Church premises.

The letter agreement will specify when and under what conditions the church will allow for this. The conditions would include the responsibility of the parishioner to have a certification in weapons training and safety, provide for the parishioner to have adequate insurance, and indemnify the church in the event that there is litigation over the parishioner's use of the weapon.

Here is a link to a sample Letter Agreement that you can use as a guide:

https://www-tc.pbs.org/harmony/toolkit/sample_agreement.pdf

It would need to be edited to meet your needs. You likely have an attorney parishioner who could draft the letter agreement for you.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

I need to go offline for a few hours. If you have additional questions I will respond to them as soon as I return. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I will make a premium service offer to you. It is an OPTIONAL offer to you for a premium service. It is purely optional and I do not want you to spend extra money if it is not necessary.

I'm sorry the optional service is currently not available for this question. If you are interested in it please contact customer service at 1(###) ###-####.