I posted something yelp about a and his owner that was not…

Customer Question
I posted something yelp...

I posted something yelp about a biz and his owner that was not nice at all should I take it down...I think he is going to try and sure me for slaunder

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If what you posted is true, then you do not have to take the post down. If you are sued, the defamation lawsuit would not succeed because truth is absolute defense to claim of defamation. However, if what you posted is not the truth, then you have exposed yourself to defamation claim. You can mitigate your exposure by removing the post.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.