I live in Georgia I have been living with a man for the last…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I live...

Hi Pearl I live in Georgia I have been living with a man for the last five years he moved me my sister and son in he has paid all the bills to this day but he just left one day(June) and never came back his mom and dad bought the house tried to throw me and my son and sister out they have not filed a dispossessory YET I know I have got to move but dog since he has been paying ALL my living expenses for the last five years I'm not at least entitled to moving expenses

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in Georgia family court?

No I just received a notice to demand possession today from their lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you are not entitled to anything since you were not married. The new owners are not liable for your moving expenses.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.