I want to become my bothers conservator instead a lawyer who…

Customer Question
I want to become...

I want to become my bothers conservator instead a lawyer who is now his conservator in Waterbury Ct. I live in Napoleon Ohio. How do I go about doing this? My brother wants this change also.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I do not have any myself. My brothers Lawyer has all the paper work. So how do I go about starting probate court. The lawyer will not communicate with my brother or me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

His lawyer is in Waterbury CT. And my brother is in New Haven CT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told I have to get in touch with probate court. But I am not sure if I shoud do this here in Ohio or connect with probate court in Waterbury?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

You have to file the petition where your brother lives. So it would be in CT. Under OH Chapter 2111, either the brother or you can file a petition to ask the Court to change conservatorship. If this happens, then it would be up to the Judge to decide whether or not to allow the modification you seek.

The first step is to file the petition. Unfortunately, there is no such form online. You can find one however in your local law library which is normally free. You can simply tell the librarian you are looking for a petition/application to modify conservatorship of an adult.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.