I'm looking for an attorney who might help me deal with a…

Customer Question
I'm looking for an...

I'm looking for an attorney who might help me deal with a potential libel issue. Years ago I was libeled in an article about a company I had previously worked with, altho the citation did not use my name. Now I see the director of that company is about to release a memoir. I want to caution him about false statements and defamation in line with that previously libelous article.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York City, NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've written a letter that I hope to send. I've a lawyer cousin who deals with intellectual property, but libel is not his area at all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify how exactly you were libeled, if your name was not used. Was there a photo? Etc?