Company holding mechanics tools employed by another company…

Customer Question
Company holding mechanics tools...

Company holding mechanics tools employed by another company as collateral

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Company is in Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as get tools were boxed an scheduled for ups shipment. And have not been picked up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
What do I need to do to get my tools shipped. Customer has paid the storage and rent owed to the company holding the tools. We completed our part but ups has not picked tool tools up. Shipping is on our account so nothing is owed to company. Tools are personal not owned by my employer.
On review of your facts, you have a good case.I would recommend a lawyer letter locally. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!