Is a contract legal and binding if it was entered into while…

Is a contract legal...

Is a contract legal and binding if it was entered into while under the influence of narcotics for severe pain?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Signing took place in TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband purchased into Wyndham Properties. He was taking pain meds for leg pain, and was due to be admitted to the hospital that Monday. The sales people knew it, but didn't ask if he was on any medications.

11/14/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. How long ago did he sign up for the timeshare? As a result of the medication, was he unaware of what he was doing?

He signed on October 13,2017. He was frustrated, aggravated, he would lose track of the numbers they were throwing out. He did however ask and answer questions

Thank you for the reply. Yes, he could try and have the timeshare contract voided. In a situation like this, he would need to show and support that they knew he was on medication and took advantage of him and/or that he was impaired by the medication and was unaware of what he was signing and agreeing to. These timeshare presentations are traps. They keep people there and use high pressure sales tactics to get them to sign and promise them everything under the sun. The time to rescind and cancel the contract as passed, under the law but he can try and now sue to void the contract and him not knowing what he was signing or agreeing to, as a result of the medication he was on.

OK. They did exactly as you described. He is also a disabled vet and suffers from PTSD. After 9 hours in their office he just signe.

Yes, I do understand. As such, he needs to retain an attorney at this time and sue them and go after them to release him.

He was in the hospital and inpatient physical therapy during the rescission time and was unable to write the letter they required to cancel. When he was released he wrote and sent the letter. We are trying to appeal to them to do the right thing and cancel these contracts and loans. We are in the process of getting letters from his doctors as to his hospitalization dates and the dates he was in these narcotics.

Yes, if they will not do so, he would have to sue. He would need to show he was incapacitated and unable to exercise his right, as a result of this and once he was released and able to, he did so.

Okay. Thank you.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney