Sprint lied to my wife and added 3 additional phone line to…

Customer Question
Sprint lied to my...

Sprint lied to my wife and added 3 additional phone line to my bill. Instead of 5 lines I now have 8

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

California, no one is helping me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I spoke to the fraud department at sprint today and they said they dont consider it fraud because my wife signed for it. They said to call the local store and work it out with hem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

A Sprint salesman at the local retail location lied to my wife about the free phone promotion. I now have 8 lines instead of 5. The fraud dept doesn't consider it fraud because my wife signed for the phones. Not sure the local retail shop will help, the employee is no longer with the company. Thanks

I can certainly understand. I'm very sorry. To me, this seems like an issue of unfair business practices which could give you some compensation if you were to bring a lawsuit.

1.To establish that there was an unfair practice, there must be a representation, omission or practice that is likely to mislead the consumer;

2. The representation is examined from the perspective of a consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances; and

3. The representation, omission or practice must be material enough to affect the consumer’s conduct or decision, even though no actual reliance is required.

You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter either requesting reimbursement or a change to your phone lines. You can provide any other kind of information to them you deem relevant. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. If that doesn't work, you may have to take them to small claims in CA or go through arbitration or mediation. What other questions did you have for me?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.