Ny divorce was final Dept 11, 2017. My wife owes me money…

Customer Question
Ny divorce was final...

Ny divorce was final Dept 11, 2017. My wife owes me money and some personal property left at the house. She has been unwilling to pay me the money and coordinate a time for me to pick up the belongings. I feel I need to take some legal action to motivate her to wrap this up. What are my options.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I am trying to figure out what type of lawyer I need to talk to.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mention that our ex-wife owes you money and you requested to retrieve some personl property that is your own from the house but she is not providing either to you. Was there a court order or a separation agreement addressing either one of these issued? In other words, is there anything in writing that she owes you money or that the property you want to retrieve is your property?

I just want to know what type of attorney I should contact to start the legal action.

Okay. That is good. You would want a matrimonial attorney. Do you have a further question?

no

Okay. Best regards.