I aplied for disability bc i had 3 back surgrys an might…

Customer Question
I aplied for disability...

I aplied for disability bc i had 3 back surgrys an might have to do more an i was denied an i have epalapsy

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They got all my pappers from drs an i did a apeal it i still have not heard from anyone i called 4 times an no call back are ant thing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i think thats it i been with no ioncome sence may

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Lawyer: John, Attorney replied 5 months ago
John, Attorney

What type of disability are you referring to, social security disability I presume?

\Assuming you applied for and were denied Social Security disability there's a few things you should. First, you should know that it takes 17 months on average not to get an appeal hearing. You should have received either written or computerized confirmation that you appealed. The written confirmation generally occurs within about a month of the application for appeal. The second thing you should know is, unless you meet the listings for your medical records are extremely convincing, you will not granted benefits on application. Third you should know that at the hearing you will need to present evidence beyond your medical records show why you can't work. With these will generally consist of our your doctor's opinions on your ability to work, further clinical findings, nonmedical evidence such as affidavits or testimony of persons who know you and can testify as to your activities of daily living in your limitations. You will generally have to show that you cannot do any work at all, because even if you can do a sedentary/sitdown job Social Security still deems you able to work. So it's a back condition, you have to show that you can't sit or stand for any particular amount of time more than a few minutes, you have to show that you don't have transferable skills to a sitdown job, you'll have to show sometimes that you can't use your hands or arms in a particular fashion to do a desk job such as reaching overhead. Should work with your doctors to develop this evidence submitted on appeal, but you have a long time before you get to that hearing.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Attorney