Is it legal inte state of Florida to point a survellance…

Customer Question
Is it legal inte...

Is it legal inte state of Florida to point a survellance camara at the door and windowof you neighbor 24/7

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the neighbor taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, She wants to intimidate myself and my roomates due to her anger managment conflict about my parking line. No comfrontation from us at all. Police has been called from her behalf and my behalf not to talk to each other, This situation makes me feel highly uncomfortable since she claim to work in a computer company. I wonder even if she can see through the window. I am 60 year old female. no problems with the law. No drugs or alcohol from my behalf.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a FL lawyer about this?

I dont think so as far as I am aware of it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Tonight is the association meeting so I need to know if is legal this type of harrasssment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: If she is aiming a camera out of her property she could, in theory, argue that she is doing it to protect herself but if the only place it points is YOUR door and window you can file a police report alleging harassment and stalking. It would be hard for her to prove that she has a legitimate reason for pointing a camera at YOUR property (as opposed to just having a camera that watches over her property). ANSWER: I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Is there anything else I can answer for you or do you have all the information you need?