How do I stop a person from calling me at all hours. I have…

Customer Question
How do I stop...

How do I stop a person from calling me at all hours. I have a list of 10 numbers and each also shows on my screen a "V" number i.e.: V1112116310005176336. The calls are also from other areas of the country i.e.: (313)(517)(231)and (325)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Tried to block those numbers with Comcast my phone carrier

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have 10 numbers this person has called from and the corresponding "V" number for each call. No two number is ***** same as any preceding numbe

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: The only way to do it would be to block the ten numbers on your phone. I don't know if that is something you have already tried but short of changing your phone number you would need to do that to block them. I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Ive already blocked the 10 numbers of which no two are the same. Do you have any more afctions that you know of that I can take

You may want to try to block numbers that start with a certain range so for example 212456****, like that. Your provider may allow you to do the * feature to block all numbers that start with a certain number.

Also, try putting yourself on the DNC registry