I had a life Insurance policy with All State insurance taken…

I had a life...

I had a life Insurance policy with All State insurance taken out in 1997 for 25.000 whole life. I then increased it to 60.000 paying regularly each mos. I was told they had turned it over to Universal ins. I forfeited my cash building to help pay for my insurance. I was told last year that I had a term policy and if I lived pass 80 it would terminate. I called and explained I had a whole life insurance not a term, they said I was wrong and even if I paid my policy it would terminate. I was so up set I wrote a letter saying I would not pay another penny. They then used all my cash allowance, terminated the policy sent me a check for 1.11, needless to say I made a mistake .... can I get anything back from them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am retired I belonged to 1199 union NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

11/13/2017
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: I wish I could tell you otherwise, but they clearly took your letter as a termination of your policy. The only way to undo this - and it's by no means easy - would be to sue them and argue that your letter was not a termination. Obviously, whether that succeeds (and, I'm not going to lie to you, it probably won't) would be dependent upon what the letter actually said. I think there's a very small chance of a "redo" on this one, as much as I would like to tell you otherwise. I hope that answers your question. As much as I wish it was otherwise, sometimes I have to give information that isn't "good news." I hope you don't take it out on me! If it were up to me, I'd only give people good news! If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

I guess you did your best, ***** ***** need someone to fight this case for me, with legal methods. Its called senior abuse, when I wrote the letter I was frustrated. 20 years and you are terminated. The letter was to keep them from taking any more money from my account. I need pro bono service.

Let me try to find you some pro bono phone numbers...

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
no thank you, ***** ***** to be spending and not receiving
Did not hear from pro bono lawyer

Hi. I wrote "Let me try to find you some pro bono phone numbers..." and you responded "no thank you"

If you would like some phone numbers I can send them to you but it looks like above you said you don't want them. (I wonder if you may have been responding to the automated phone call request when you wrote no thank you...)

Are you in NY - I need to know what state's information to send you :-)

I am in Orlando Florida

That's what I thought when I saw "Customer" but then I saw that you retired in NY so I thought I'd check!

https://www.floridabar.org/public/probono/

Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc.
(954)(###) ###-####br />Ext. 27
491 North State Road 7
Plantation, FL 33317
Family, Bankruptcy, Divorce and Estate Planning

Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida
(954)(###) ###-####/strong>
491 North State Road 7 (2nd Floor)
Plantation, FL 33317
Family, Consumer, Elder and Immigration

Legal Services of Greater Miami
(305)(###) ###-####/strong>
4343 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33134
Family, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Estate Planning

Legal Aid Society of Dade County Bar Association
(305)(###) ###-####/strong>
123 NW 1st Ave.
Miami, FL 33128
Family, Divorce, Domestic Violence and Estate Planning

Dade County Put Something Back Pro Bono Project
123 NW 1st Ave
Miami, FL 33128

Florida Rural Legal Services
(561)(###) ###-####/strong>
3111 South Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Family, Civil Rights, Employment and Real Estate

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/family-law/florida/broward-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

Three Rivers Legal Services (private non-profit offering pro bono elder services)

Toll-Free 1-***-***-****

https://www.floridalawhelp.org/node/7/find-lawyer

* We can't specifically recommend these or any other services!