I need a copy of the school districts denial near Raligh NC…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of the school districts denial near Raligh NC as to why this child cannot go that year round school. NC only has to tell one parent, and she said she deleted it. What's the best move?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The lawyer in SC requested it from the mothers attorney but they are ignoring her because they don't want us to have the email explaining why it was denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sorry wait

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

The attorney can always subpoena it if there is an ongoing case that pertains to this matter.

Otherwise, a parent can attempt a freedom of information request. See HERE. Because this is a minor child, the district/school's reply may be redacted or limited in other ways, however. Sample request letter HERE.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.