I was got fired from my job in September and i was a manager…

Customer Question
I was got fired...

I was got fired from my job in September and i was a manager they gave me a pice of paper that said I️ was terminated from my job! I also lived there they gave me 30 days to move out and at that time i was told there was money missing from April-June and in September they fired me for that reason. They never said how much until now and it was a bar / restaurant and the register sucked never worked right we hit 3.00 sometimes it would ring up 3000.00 and i told the owners multiple times and they kept on saying we will get a new register and never did now they are saying i stole all this money but never did take it. They told them i apaolizgized and i want to pay them back thinking it was like a couple hundred now they sent me a message! Brook, you told us when you were fired that you were sorry and wanted to pay us back. You told Cheryl on one occasion you were sending her a money order (never sent), you told her on yet another occasion that you were giving Jason a check to give to her (never happened). We want a written agreement that you will pay $300.00 a month for the next 48 months. It will be due the 15th of the month beginning this month. We are prepared to take whatever appropriate legal actions necessary to insure that we get paid back and believe it is in your best interest to make the payments early or on time each month to avoid legal fees and fines, etc. we will except money orders only. What do I️ do next

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I was the manager and the HR is the owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union small campground so 6 employees

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just help with that long question

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Have you brought the matter up with the union as is the first step that you must follow?