I have a question. We bought a clothes washer from a used…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. We bought a clothes washer from a used appliance store that came with a years warranty and such. The washer was defective and ended up flooding our first floor of our house. The damages resulted into $38,000.00. Do we have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We let our insurance company know and they said they have tried to contact the store and the manufacture.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not a this time....

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this -that is a lot of damage; was the warranty a limited warranty or did it cover personal property?

The warranty just covered the washer.
parts and labor
Hello?

I'm sorry I cannot see your responses when I am on other webpages researching this . Do you have a few more minutes?

Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

did you ask for a new expert?

I am waiting to see your response...

I can try to help you but I want to make sure that you requested another expert per my policy