Lawyer's Assistant. Pearl, Lawyer's Assistant Welcome! How…

Customer Question
Lawyer's Assistant. Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant Welcome...
Lawyer's Assistant.
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?
You
For the past two weeks I've had terrible trouble with Walmart. I live in Roswell New Mexico by far my worst experience was last night. I left Walmart shaking panic attack sick to my stomach and a headache. I was laughed in my face by one manager and treated very poorly. I was in Walmart picking up an item I had ordered to be picked up on the Walmart app. When I went in to pick up my order I was scrolling through my Walmart app looking at their Electronics. I came across the LeapPad in my local Walmart app. Please remember it is a local app for Walmart. It clearly stated in my app which I accidentally ran across the while I was looking at another tablet for my child that they had the leap pad for $5.99 needless to say my mind was blown they only had one. That app said they had zero in stock when there was clearly one hanging right in front of me. So I grabbed the product and tried to get help in the electronics nobody came so I went directly to customer service. I have printed out my laws because I have so many problems with Walmart over the past few weeks. Not only me that other people I know have had terrible terrible experience. So as I proceed to customer service and start talking to them and I said I would like this tablet for the price advertised in your app. The manager said no because it says out of stock. I went on saying I understand the app says out of stock but it's obviously in stock because it's right here in my hands and I pulled it off the shelf you guys had one. I would like the price honored. She went on to tell me Walmart policy says that if it says in the app that they are out of stock then they are out of stock and they can't honor it. I went on to say well you're obviously not out of stock it's right here in my hand once again I would like the price honored. She said this is from a third party vendor. I said it doesn't clearly state that in your app and this app is clearly for my Walmart and Roswell and it clearly states right here in your app that this Leappad is $5.99 and I would like the price to be honored. She's in brought over to other managers before I knew it I had several people surrounding me. She brought out the Walmart handbook and telling me Walmart policies. I pulled up my consumer rights which I carry on my phone because I've had so many problems with Walmart. And then at that point started reading off my consumer rights and how Walmart or any other company is not allowed to advertise or mislead anybody on prices. The prices will be honored as advertised and I am consumer and they are not to mislead me. She went back to tell me the Walmart policies. I turned and asked her when did Walmart policies Trump the state law? They turned their back on me and started talking and turned around and said we will not honor the price. Then one manager looked at me in my face and laughed at me like I was a joke and walked away. I asked for names of the employees that were there because they were more less taunting me. They refused to honor the price I said I would be back tomorrow. I also let them know my consumer rights state that I'm allowed to have the product for at the advertised price. And that I would be back tomorrow after I spoke to Walmart on the phone. I got home already shaking and stumbling and stammering and just in disbelief that I was treated so poorly and immediately called Walmart the only people I could get ahold of was Walmart online. I went on to express my concerns with Walmart my local Walmart and the experiences I've been through. they didn't even inquired about the managers names laughed in my face and belittled me the the lady I was speaking to you is very kind of very patient with me she placed me on hold then she got back on and said there was nothing she can do because it wasn't an online order and I had asked her why is it okay for them not to price match the prices they're advertising and showing me and she could not answer me I went on with her for about a half an hour readi
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
You
I see no arrow
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
You
I am in New Mexico Roswell and like I said I couldn't make the purchase it was last night for the tablet incident last week for the turkey and the week before that for the soap
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Have you contacted the manufacturer?
You
No should I? I've been trying to get ahold of consumer advocates or relations for New Mexico
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
You
Yes I already have yes I already have issues with anxiety yes I already have issues with anxiety but this has thrown me into full-blown anxiety panic attack to the point where I'm afraid to walk into Walmart and I'm afraid to run into some of these people around my town
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Lawyer's Assistant.Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
You
For the past two weeks I've had terrible trouble with Walmart. I live in Roswell New Mexico by far my worst experience was last night. I left Walmart shaking panic attack sick to my stomach and a headache. I was laughed in my face by one manager and treated very poorly. I was in Walmart picking up an item I had ordered to be picked up on the Walmart app. When I went in to pick up my order I was scrolling through my Walmart app looking at their Electronics. I came across the LeapPad in my local Walmart app. Please remember it is a local app for Walmart. It clearly stated in my app which I accidentally ran across the while I was looking at another tablet for my child that they had the leap pad for $5.99 needless to say my mind was blown they only had one. That app said they had zero in stock when there was clearly one hanging right in front of me. So I grabbed the product and tried to get help in the electronics nobody came so I went directly to customer service. I have printed out my laws because I have so many problems with Walmart over the past few weeks. Not only me that other people I know have had terrible terrible experience. So as I proceed to customer service and start talking to them and I said I would like this tablet for the price advertised in your app. The manager said no because it says out of stock. I went on saying I understand the app says out of stock but it's obviously in stock because it's right here in my hands and I pulled it off the shelf you guys had one. I would like the price honored. She went on to tell me Walmart policy says that if it says in the app that they are out of stock then they are out of stock and they can't honor it. I went on to say well you're obviously not out of stock it's right here in my hand once again I would like the price honored. She said this is from a third party vendor. I said it doesn't clearly state that in your app and this app is clearly for my Walmart and Roswell and it clearly states right here in your app that this Leappad is $5.99 and I would like the price to be honored. She's in brought over to other managers before I knew it I had several people surrounding me. She brought out the Walmart handbook and telling me Walmart policies. I pulled up my consumer rights which I carry on my phone because I've had so many problems with Walmart. And then at that point started reading off my consumer rights and how Walmart or any other company is not allowed to advertise or mislead anybody on prices. The prices will be honored as advertised and I am consumer and they are not to mislead me. She went back to tell me the Walmart policies. I turned and asked her when did Walmart policies Trump the state law? They turned their back on me and started talking and turned around and said we will not honor the price. Then one manager looked at me in my face and laughed at me like I was a joke and walked away. I asked for names of the employees that were there because they were more less taunting me. They refused to honor the price I said I would be back tomorrow. I also let them know my consumer rights state that I'm allowed to have the product for at the advertised price. And that I would be back tomorrow after I spoke to Walmart on the phone. I got home already shaking and stumbling and stammering and just in disbelief that I was treated so poorly and immediately called Walmart the only people I could get ahold of was Walmart online. I went on to express my concerns with Walmart my local Walmart and the experiences I've been through. they didn't even inquired about the managers names laughed in my face and belittled me the the lady I was speaking to you is very kind of very patient with me she placed me on hold then she got back on and said there was nothing she can do because it wasn't an online order and I had asked her why is it okay for them not to price match the prices they're advertising and showing me and she could not answer me I went on with her for about a half an hour readiPearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
You
I see no arrowPearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
You
I am in New Mexico Roswell and like I said I couldn't make the purchase it was last night for the tablet incident last week for the turkey and the week before that for the soapPearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Have you contacted the manufacturer?
You
keeps telling me there's an answer but there's no answer

Sorry...I am reviewing the information (you typed a lot of information)

A few mins please

Thank you for your patience.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

I have already spent $5 for he responds. And I guess it's going to charge me 35 later. But I've yet to get a response only an ad saying you'll talk to me for 5 more dollars yes. Will you please send me some kind of a response other than five more dollars and I'll talk to you on the phone please please please I've been in tears this morning I've talked Walmart on the phone this morning. I don't understand why nobody will help me

Ma'am, I offered to speak to you on the phone for the lowest amount they will allow...if you do not want to speak on the phone, can you tell me, what is your specific question and if I can type an answer I will.

Is what happened to me okay. Are companies allowed to treat consumers like this. I'm still in a large amount of distress I have emailed the company of Walmart I've spoke to the customer service online. There was no resolution I'm left feeling helpless. I don't know my rights because obviously the rods in New Mexico. Stand up against Walmart. What can I do? I've currently downloaded paperwork to put in a complaint with consumer protection in New Mexico. But that still doesn't leave me with this feeling of distress and anxiety and belittlement from them. I don't know what to do and I need help

Ma'am...clearly you are upset about this. Frankly, I am not sure my typing up a few words will relieve that. If you are not willing to speak on the phone, I will opt out to allow someone else to assist you...please let me know

I just read the agreement and it says that you cannot give me any advice. Am I reading this correctly
If I need to spend more money that I want to make sure it's money well spent. I need an advocate
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. There seems to confusion on the cost of the question. Let me provide the number for customer service. I would be happy to continue in this format once the charge is verified and you are comfortable with the fees.

US / Canada 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

I can not afford the phone call. It clearly stated when I paid the $5 for somebody to message me back with some kind of result that if I was not satisfied I'd be fully refunded. I have yet to receive any type of help answer besides call me for just a little bit more money. As I read through the agreement it clearly states that you cannot give me any legal advice so now I'm sitting here questioning why even pay the $5 to get help. I'm already upset and enough and have had more than my fill of distress for the past two weeks and I'm just looking for help
Everything I've been through has been in the previous messages. If someone could just take their time and read what I have been through and let me know what I can do or my rights or something to give you a little bit of relief please somebody help me

The call is an additional fee that I am not requesting. I am a different Attorney. The Attorneys are not involved with the fees for the site and no access to your account. It would my pleasure to assist you once you have verified the price of the question with the site. If I had any way to look into your account I would.

Have you filed any consumer protection complaints against this Walmart?

I have the paperwork printed out I plan on filling it out and sending it in today. I also have several people that I know that's going to put their experiences in with it. Apparently our Walmart has treated many many people like garbage like me and apparently I'm the first one stepping up and refusing to let this go on to let this go on

Just so you know I reported your question to customer service stating that there was confusion as far as the cost. I also pointed out that your initial discussion with the legal assistant was not helpful on your end as the assistant repeated what you already stated.

I have notice a certain mentality in these stores and it is not that the customer is always right. In fact there is little to no customer service.

This is something I would report to every consumer protection agency. I would also send a certified letter return receipt requested to the corporate headquarters of Walmart letting them know what you experienced.

I will be doing exactly that and thank you. your input was very much appreciated. Also I need to just a little guidance I do plan on possibly starting a class action lawsuit if possible this is just an emotionally and physically draining

I can look to see if their are any class action suits ongoing. You will contact the State Attorney General, the FTC, and the BBB. Let me see if I have a corporate address.

702 Sw 8th St.

Bentonville, AR, 72716.

I see many lawsuits filed by employees.

This is a link for class action Attorneys in that do business in New Mexico https://www.hg.org/law-firms/class-actions/usa-new-mexico.html

New Mexico Attorney General Consumer Protection Complaint http://www.nmag.gov/file-a-complaint.aspx

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Are you able to see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me?