Stevens my home was sold last year at a tax sale I made all…

Customer Question
Good morning I'm Mr...

Good morning I'm Mr. Stevens my home was sold last year at a tax sale I made all the payments to the person that won the bid in the time allowed to get the house back from them now I'm not able to reach the person by phone to meet with me to sign over the transfer title deed back to me. I heave sent them a certified letter out lining all the monies paid and asked to meet so we can sign. have not gotten any response.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I was told that the other party has to start the title transfer I did show them all the monies owed to them were paid to them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Customer:***** Augusta, GA. 30904

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can do the title transfer myself I want to do it asap.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Unfortunately, you cannot do the title transfer yourself if the deed is in the other person's name. By the way, do you live in the home? Who is paying the current taxes on it?