I would like to raise money to purchase a home that has been…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to raise money to purchase a home that has been apart of our family since I was born we had all family birthday functions there and all holidays there however my family we were poor I actually lived in foster home there is a lot to explain there but my point there is my blood aunt died and my uncle has met another and in 3 years wants to sell my aunt's house I love uncle Michael however I want our family house to remain there it's all us poor family members remember after my mom died I went there with memories and after my dad died I go there and cry every holiday and when I ask to go there swimming my aunt would turn the heat on for me to bring my step children there this house just means so much to my family I wish we all had great credit to buy it but our parents died young so we messed up.... I don't know what else to say if u message me back I can go more into my/ our childhood however I dnot think all that needs to be out there... let me know if you think you can help us... thank you Cristal Ziemer/Baumgartner

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing my family has done however my aunt's husband wants to sell the house & I believe their children may be on board because they live in Florida where he wants to live except my 1 cousin that lives in Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would just like to know a way I can raise money to purchase the home so it can stay in our family it's been our family home since before I was born.. I don't want to lose it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry to hear about your predicament.
You would need to collect money for a down payment and apply for a mortgage (including providing credit, income, and expense history) but you sound like you have another fundamental issue. You need your uncle to agree to sell you and your siblings the home. Despite your familial connections to the home, your uncle is not obligated to sell the home to you from the facts that you provided.