I had signed for a partner 11 years ago on a personal

Customer Question
I had signed for...

I had signed for a partner 11 years ago on a personal guarantee and now he wants to sue me for it , what is the statue of limitations on that own wa state?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wa state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing fled against me yet but his attorney called me about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/13/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

In Washington, claims for breach of a written contract must be brought within 6 years of when the breach occurred. When you signed the contract does not matter for the purpose of calculating the statute of limitations. The contract could have been signed 50 years ago, but if they breach of that contract occurred in the last 6 years, a claim for breach of contract could still be brought against you.

I hope this answers your question. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was I able to answer your question?

Can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages? I tried to answer your question as quickly as possible...