I have a medical question. I had a cervical spinal cord

Customer Question
I have a medical...

I have a medical question. I had a cervical spinal cord reconstruction surgery where they took out my c2. My primary care physician told me it was my lower back since 2012. I had the surgery done and July 13th 2017 since then my primary care physician kept telling me that it was the Lord back and told another a neurosurgeon dr. Delgado that it was my back it wined up being my cervical spine do I have a case I have been trying to request my medical records and still have not received it from my primary care physician

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

This was in Tampa Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Nothing has been filed yet I have been requesting my medical records for the past month and I still have not received any we did speak to an attorney but they said they can't do anything until we received until we received any medical records

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Care doctor that begin with the same primary care doctors 2012 she knew about my lower back problem and she and she can see everything that everything that was done was always towards my lower my lower spine but the main problem was in my upper spine the whole time I've been taking all kinds of medication since that point she knew about the upper spine that was bad and now it's 2017 in my back out so bad I went paralyzed so I had to have emergency emergency operation with dr. Delgado Dr Delgado said when he talked to dr. Gray-white and she said it was his lower back not as upper back which was that the problem a problem with my upper back the whole time I've taken numerous MRI since that time and she never knew she never said anything about you know we needed me to concentrate on your upper spine which where the problem was now have his major nerve damage in my body that as is that his real very chronic now I have to suffer for the rest of my life with this problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: You're entitled to your medical records and you don't need an attorney to obtain them. Sometimes, though, it takes being there in person to request (demand?) them. They'll tell you that you have to pay for the copies, which is the norm, but you ARE entitled to them. I would also bring a letter stating that you want your medical records and provide them to the front desk. I don't like to tell people to go spend money on lawyers when they don't actually have to and this is a case where you can get your records without any need for a lawyer to get involved. I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be very happy to answer them as well - so definitely ask. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. In any case, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you have. There may be some lag since I may not be logged in but I will always come back to answer any follow up questions you have.

Do I have a case regarding the incorrect problems with my surgery

You would need to speak to an attorney and the attorney would show a medical expert your scans and that person would need to make a determination. Otherwise it would be impossible to say. If the surgery was done improperly then you would have a case.