I bought a house five years ago. Because I am not familiar…

Customer Question
Hi...I bought a house...

Hi...I bought a house five years ago. Because I am not familiar with Real Estate, I did not realize that it came with very high taxes (4600.00 every six months. This because of a loan the previous owner had for the purchase of solar panels installed. It was through the City of Palm Desert so the bill is on the taxes bill. I am going to have to sell my house because the taxes are killing me. I have a reverse mortgage on the house but I still cannot afford this. I am an 80 year old widow with only my social security and my daughter's help. I will have no where to live and cannot afford even a decent apartment .Do I have any recourse? I bought this house from the bank as it was a repo but was never informed about the high taxes. My savings is gone over this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California....Palm Desert Ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I do not understand...I bought this five years ago.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but not sure I understand. Is there equity in the home? I understand you have a reverse mortgage...but is there equity (so if you sold, would you recover money)?