If I am a beneficiary do I have access to a 401 account.

Customer Question
If I am a...

If I am a beneficiary do I have access to a 401 account

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

A will

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you are asking whether as the named beneficiary of a decedent's 401(k) account, you have the right to the benefits of that account, then the answer is "yes," you do have that right. However, you must contact the 401(k) plan administrator, and provide prove that you are a beneficiary, and that the plan participant has died.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!