FL. I lost the lease, so I guess he's considered a month to…

Customer Question
How much do you...

How much do you charge?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I lost the lease, so I guess he's considered a month to month. He only gave me 5 days notice that he's moving out. Do I keep his security deposit?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the tenant is month to month and he did not give at least 15 days written notice that he was vacating, then you can legally charge him for one additional month's rent.

.

You just need to make sure you send the tenant a written itemized list of deductions and damages within 30 days of them vacating as required under FL law..

.

.

thanks

What if there's no damage. He only gave me a 5 day notice that he was moving out. Can I charge him for cleaning the carpeting?
Isn't he supposed to give me a 30 day notice? I feel bad keeping his security deposit, because we were friendly. Please answer me.
Are you receiving me questions?
Connect me to another attorney, please. Someone who knows Florida law.
I'm going to disconnect, if you don't answer me or get someone else. And I won't be responsible for paying you, since you didn't answer me or help me at all.
c

Sorry for the delay... you asked a few questions so it takes a little time to type out a reply... This isn't an instant process where I just spit out an answer like a computer..

Can you let me know that you're still alive!!

Again... if you could be patient for just a couple minutes, while I type out a reply... that would be great..

Well answer me already. It's not such a deep question.
Forget it. I'm shutting down my computer, and I'm not going to pay for something that I don't receive an answer.

I was in the process of typing out a full answer to all 4 questions you asked and giving you the applicable FL laws, but if you are unwilling to be patient, I will opt out so you can find your answers elsewhere..

.

.

Best of luck to you