Can I get out of a car lease if I had a episode and am

Customer Question
Can I get out...

Can I get out of a car lease if I had a episode and am bipolar and under medication?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Colorado 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The car was hit last night in the parking lot but minor damages

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: No, you may not get out of a car lease on the basis of a bipolar episode - whether when buying the car or when you got into an accident. Sellers or lessees need to be able to rely upon the contracts that they make and if someone could claim that they are bipolar as a basis to get out of their contracts, lots and lots of people would have no stability at all in their contracts and wouldn't want to contract with bipolar people. So I'm sure you can see how that would be a problem.

I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be very happy to answer them as well - so definitely ask. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. In any case, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you have. There may be some lag since I may not be logged in but I will always come back to answer any follow up questions you have.