I felt that I had to marry my husband 23 years ago. I was in…

Customer Question
I felt that I...

I felt that I had to marry my husband 23 years ago. I was in denial of my sexuality. I was made to feel that being a lesbian was socially incorrect. We married and had a challenged son we had to raise together. We held it together. Now that our son has been out of the hours in a group home for three years, my husband and I have nothing in common. I am not happy at all

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Las Vegas NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I feel very guilty about feeling this way

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not sure as I have never talked to a lawyer about this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Would it be logical to go through with a divorce

Thank you for the information.

If you no longer want to stay married and/or the marriage was wrong to begin with, then the logical conclusion would be to seek for dissolution of the marriage and extricate yourself from the situation. You can obtain divorce forms at your local Courthouse or online. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.