I have a home warranty and I had problems with air

Customer Question
I have a home...

I have a home warranty and I had problems with air conditioning system.. they did not replace it for 2 months and they really gave me no choice but do it myself. I heard there is a period where if it passes, I can do it myself and they need to pay for it.. but to be honest, they should pay more for all the problems they caused us.. including talking endlessly on the phone throughout the two months ending up in contractors never showing up to complete the job..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

You mean legally?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your legal question today in relation to your home warranty included in your air conditioning system. A warranty is a contractual clause that is legally enforceable.

Because in your case the warranty was breached then you do have a right to damages in law.

This can be done in the small claims court for amounts up to $15,000.

You could also file a consumer complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs.

http://consumer.georgia.gov/contact-us

Because warranty clauses do vary from contract , if you have a copy of the warranty you can send it through this site to me for a legal review.

This will be an extra service to examine the warranty terms and your right to sue for breach of this warranty.

Please follow up with me if you require additional information or support.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS before exiting today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

can i get the details of the warranty online from their site? the home warranty company i dealt with is 210 home warranty. also, can i receive something in compensation for all the time lost and the frustration we had to go through on top of the air conditioning cost?

Yes, if they breached the warranty you are entitled to damages and can sue them as I indicated for breach of contract. Their warranties , terms and conditions should be included in the conditions of sale and you can request a copy of them from the company.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

also, their customer service specialist never returned my call when i complained that the contractors never showed up to complete the job. i am just too exhausted at this point to needing to call them over and over and wait for some times over an hour just to talk to someone... is a legal action the only way to get them to respond? would they respond to the complaint on consumer affairs?

Yes, the department of consumer affairs can take legal action themselves against the company so all companies invariably respond.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

the site is giving me an option to call you for $59 does it mean i am going to pay $59 on top of $42?

The call service is additional to the question and answer service.

For me to get a credit for my answer and responses you need to leave a positive rating.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

how long the process will take approximately until i get some sort of resolution after i file the complaint with the consumer affairs? are they going to look at other aspects of losses such as my time as inconveniences our family suffered? air conditioning cost was $4500. how likely is it for them to pay for more to compensate for all the inconveniences leaving us boiling hot throughout the summer without a working air conditioning system?

They seek a resolution within a few weeks; the time period is stated if you follow the link I sent you.

They contact the company and mediate between you and them and if no solution is found will inform you of your rights.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

if so, what kind of compensation would it be? $1000, $2000, or $100000... we are so angry with them as you can imagine...

Typically a few weeks, if you follow the link above information about complaint processing and possible outcomes is given on their site; you will need to file a civil suit to claim damages.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

is our session going to be closed after I give my feedback? If I have a quick followup questions, can I ask after the feedback?

Yes , you can ask them after the feedback; as I indicate a copy of the warranty clause would allow me give you more information on your rights as your action is based upon breach of warranty.

This is an express warranty; you are also given rights under the implied warranties of merchantability under the UCC but the express warranty is something you need to take a look at.

Best

Attorney Bill

how much would it cost for you to review the warranty?

You can send them through and I will make an offer.

Attorney Bill

Hi Bill, I just found out that my membership was accidentally canceled and they are going to help me put this question under my membership. They told me I have to wait 24 hours to re-open the same question. They are going to help me with this and they want to make sure you get credit so, they will be re-assigning this question back to you 24 hours from now. are you going to be online? meanwhile, this question needs to remain open.. I will get in touch with you again tomorrow night. I told them I was happy with your responses. meanwhile, I will look for the warranty cause document..

Yes, thank you

Attorney Bill