To: N cal attorney I have your contact name from another…

Customer Question
To: ***** ***** attorney I have...
To: ***** ***** attorney
I have your contact name from another just answer expert who has helped me in the past.
I am asking if you have any experience with the ninth circuit court in appeals.
I am without the internet where I am located, so I may not response automatically.
Would you be available on Sunday sometime for a phone call?
Jacqui
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thank you for asking for me.

I am familiar with the 9th Circuit Rules but I do not make phone calls.

What is your question?

I am in pro se - appeal at the ninth.
I wanted to know if you have ever had an appeal at the ninth.
It would take a bit of time to write it all out that is why I asked for a the phone call - then I would follow it up with questions on case law for filing my brief. Its more private - and then follow it up with questions on your web site.
I am leaving my location now but I will check back later tonight.
I

I have not filed an appeal in the 9th Circuit but I am good at finding case law.

What are the issues in your appeal?

I had an emergency last night with a friend who fell - to hospital etc,
No time now but hopefully tomorrow.
I had hoped to speak with you first since it would take a while to put a little history on paper. I wanted to give you a quick verbal synopsis - then send the question on the web site. short cut needed - its a long case and just answer expert socrateaser suggested your name.

I do not make phone calls. If you want, I can opt out of your question and another expert who does make phone calls can take over.

NOt sure how to proceed.
My brief no due until January.
One of my many questions related to the right for a petition for a re-hearing in the ninth Cir court. I have passed the 14 day deadline but I understand there is a 45 day deadline when it is a civil case and there is a federal participant. My case was first in the bankruptcy court then in the ninth Cir court. I am not equipped to find case law and respond to the oppositions case law.
But would basically need someone to review a few briefs and give me an opinion if I have a chance before I waste everyone's time.

If your brief is not due until January I do not understand why you want to petition for a rehearing. Did the appeals court already issue an opinion?

There is more than one appeal.
The decision regarding filing a petition for a rehearing was an appeal of a trustee selling off my home without service to me of his many court filed documents. I appealed. denied.

I am sorry I have been out of town the last two days and I have to leave again tomorrow. I just do not have the time to assist you so I am going to opt out and let another expert take over.

That's OK. Its Thanksgiving and I am also leaving town.
Happy Thanksgiving

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!