Wow, that was fast, I'm being sued in VA and I live in MD I…

Customer Question
Wow, that was fast...

Wow, that was fast, I'm being sued in VA and I live in MD I have no property in VA and no financial interests. What r my responsibilities and does VA have jurisdiction over me???

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in MD and th suit is in VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, a suit has been filed n Lynchburg VA and a process server has attempted to serve me but I was not home...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's a big question...basically can I have a VA lawyer plead that VA is a "foreign jurisdiction" and get the suit disme

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Why is the suit being filed in VA?

.

Do you have any contacts with VA at all or is it just that the plaintiff is there and doesn't want to come to MD?

.

Who is the plaintiff and why are they suing you?

.

.

thanks