My daughter bought a car with a small downpayment and trade…

Customer Question
My daughter bought a...

My daughter bought a car with a small downpayment and trade in. Less than a week later, dealershio calls with a problem, they admitted they made a mistake with the relationship between the loan and what my daughter paid. Now, they want to erase everything, return the new car, cancel the loan, and give my daughter her old car back. What rights in Wisconsin does my daughter have?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Wisconsin. New car is a 16, old is an 06

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, it’s a VW

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dealership admitted they screwed up. They harassed my daughter’s employer for a week. Asked to falsify my daughter’s wages for the benefit of the loan

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It's very hard for us to answer a question like "what are my rights" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Got it. How about this, what can we do to protect my daughter from the dealership’s belief they can cancel a signed and approved loan from a third party bank? If my daughter holds the title on the new car, how can the dealership dictate the terms of the exchange of the new car, which my daughter has, with the old car, the trade in the dealership possesses?
Hello?

Sorry...I was working with another customer on the phone.

The issue will be IF the contract was contingent on approval of the credit...and the credit was not approved? Then the lender can cancel the contract.

Is that language in the contract? Is the contract contingent on credit approval?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.