I bought property in 99 and paid taxes up to 2012. I was…

Customer Question
I bought property in...

I bought property in 99 and paid taxes up to 2012. I was arrested and couid not get bonded out. I gave my finance to put my property in her name to get bonded out. Since then i have not been able to find her to get my land transfered back in my name. I have paid the taxes since day one. I need help please!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not as of yet, but i do have all of the reciets.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Farmville, Virginia 23901 Prince Edward County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have found her once and she said she would take care of this for me. That was in Jan. of 2015

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If she is dodging or avoiding you, you may have to hire a private investigator to track her down and then have her served with a lawsuit summons for breach of contract assuming that the deal was she would transfer the property back to you once you got out..

.

But it is possible that she may have borrowed money on it if it was in her name so you might want to have a title search run on it by a local title/closing company to see if the did so and sue her for that as well..

.

The only way to get the property back if she won't transfer it would be by suing her in court..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much