I am starting a business and need guidance on setting up an…

Customer Question
Hi. I am starting...

Hi. I am starting a business and need guidance on setting up an LLC or multiple LLCs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

I have registered a business name but that is all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The business has three parts: bakery, antique shop, book store. Thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Normally you set up one LLC. Have an operating agreement if multiple members. No need for several entities unless different ownership or concern with creditors.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
My concern is whether we need to separate the antiques from the bakery for liability reasons. If someone sues us for something related to the bakery, our antiques would be vulnerable?
Understood. Individually the LLC protects you. Given separate nature of activities no downside to having more than one LLC. The downside there is only administrative in setting up, filing separate returns etc.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney