I need to know if my niece made out a will before she died,

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know if my niece made out a will before she died

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

She lived in Ellicott City, Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Before she died she told me she was having a lawyer come to the house to make out a will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She said she was leaving her brother, Jeff Stuehler, $15,000. I want to be sure it says that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Did you check her home for the original will or copy of it? Did you contact her attorney to see if he or she has a copy of it? If you do not have a copy or cannot find it, did you check to see if she filed it with the court?

No I can't check her home, her husband refuses to show me the will and now he is stating her can't give Jeff, her brother the $15,000 because he has to pay funeral costs yet he just went out after she died and bought a Harley!!
I don'
t want a phone call or a free trial membership I just need to know if it is written in the will that she left Jeffrey Stuehler $15,000.

Okay. So it appears she does have a will and it appears that her brother was left some money. This would, therefore, entail a court proceeding wherein the brother would have the court order the production of the will. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.

The only thing I would like is the number of the will so I can go to the county and view it myselfThank you

You would have to go to court to search in the court system to see if there is an estate proceeding or for a will if it was filed. Or you would have to write the court clerk and pay a small fee for the court to do the search.