My brother was accused of a wrong accident he did not

Customer Question
Hey, my brother was...

Hey, my brother was accused of a wrong accident he did not involve in. however, the property owner bought a fake witness on him. what shall we do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

They have filed a charge, and the court day is on nov 30

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Rochester, Pennsylvania, I believe

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. What type of accident? Does your brother have any witnesses? What is alleged to have happened?
They accused him of hit and run. they claimed there was a video captured him passing through that way at the time of the accident.
The only proof he have is the gas station reciet and the call log he made with his employer.
Thank you and please allow me a moment to respond
Your son should retain a criminal defense attorney to represent him. In a situation like this, if there is a video it needs to be obtained and views and could prove he did not leave the scene of an accident or hit the other driver. Moreover, the person who the victim is bringing to testimony needs to be attacked and impeached on the witness stand to show they did not see this and are lying. If they can be done it would create a lot of doubt and make the victim look bad and could be enough for a finding of not guilty.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!