My sons school says lunchtime is not a school activity, I…

Customer Question
My sons school says...

My sons school says lunchtime is not a school activity, I disagree

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My ex brought decree to school to let them know my visitation days.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What is your question pleae?

Did you get my question?

No, it did not come through. Can you repost it?

I’ve been attending my sons school lunchtime for over a year. The ex brought the decree to school and now the won’t let me have lunchtime with him. They state lunch is not a school activity and I will need a not from ex... she won’t write one.
Note

Does the decree address lunchtime visitation?

No it only states school activity that I can attend

If the decree is silent as to lunch time visitation, then normally the parent is not permitted to attend lunch with the student. Since lunch occurs during the school period, the parent that has custody of the child for that school day is typically the parent that has access to the child during the school day unless the decree states otherwise.

It is possible to seek a modification and have the decree specifically address lunch time visitation.

Thank you

You are most welcome.

Another option with custody issues is to first see if the parties can reach an agreement via mediation (voluntary) and if so ask the court to incorporate that into the decree. They typically will approve such agreements.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: