What if you have legal proof you were still married and

Customer Question
What if you have...

What if you have legal proof you were still married and death certificate was filed as divorced? I have legal proof we were not divorced

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY married in 1999 i relocated to FL he came here in 2003, I signed he never filed. Died a year ago June 7 2016 town of niskayuna says death certificate was file as him divorced

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No been dealing with "state, public employees'

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My problem is i need to get health insurance... I was denied because I was not divorced, tried to get death certificate and it was submitted as already divorced... A double cluster-f....

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have it all!

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can file an Affidavit to Amend the Death Certificate to correct any errors on it, including his marital status at the time of his death.

Here is a copy of the form that you file:

http://www.floridahealth.gov/certificates/certificates/_documents/dh433-death-amend-affidavit-7-2016.pdf

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

I see that you requested a call. For some reason payment did not go through for the call. That happens sometimes. Please call customer service at 1(###) ###-####.

OR We can continue to post at no additional charge.

It is possible that the Bureau of Vital Statistics may require a Court Order. If so you would file a Petition with the Circuit Court in Florida and submit the affidavit and your evidence and request that the Order be issued directing the Bureau to correct the Death record. BUT apply directly to the Bureau first. If they deny your application then you Petition the Court.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

I will be going offline soon. If you have additional follow up I will respond tomorrow. Thank you.

Ny state.
How much $ u want

Hello:

Sorry for the delayed response. I had to close down for the night.

If he died in NY City go here to amend the death certificte:

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/death-certificates.page

If NY State:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mineola-ny.gov/pages/MineolaNY_Clerk/Correction%2520of%2520Death%2520Records.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjtg-by5LbXAhULQyYKHe7mCDwQFggyMAE&usg=AOvVaw2IIQyY59Bn1uqf72cfacY9

or

https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/death.htm

Contact them to file an application to amend the death certificate.

You do not owe any additional money. Please just click the 5 stars.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer