A black man working for food town on sheldon rd.,77530 was…

Customer Question
A black man working...

A black man working for food town on sheldon rd.,77530 was standing in line to pay for a snapple drink and opend it and took a drink.management saw this and give him the option to quit or get fired.They accused him of theft even though he was in line to pay for the drink.he quit rather than get fired..Even though i dont know him personally,it seems wrong.somebody needs to stand up for him.He was accused of a crime which he did not do.I feel that if you let them get away with this, they may feel they can get away with this,or worse.what they did was just plain wrong.I believe it was racialy motivated.Ibelieve somebody needs to stand up for him even though he may not do it for himself.It just seems like the right thing to do.Thanks for your time!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tx.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time,even so what they did was just wrong to the core.They accused him of theft even though he was in line to pay.Somebody needs to stand up for those who cant or wont do it for themselves.this seems what america stands for the most!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont know the man personaly,im lust outraged that they feel that can do what they want on a whim!!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient for a few minutes while I compose and type a reply.

You have no legal standing to sue the store, which I'm sure you know. That can only be done by the employee.

About the only thing you can do is to write a letter to Foodtown's corporate management and express your outrage at what you witnessed. It may not get the employee his job back, but it could get his unjust accuser suspended or terminated from his or her employment.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.