How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40933
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually assulted by a massue at a resort spa. It

Customer Question

I was sexually assulted by a massue at a resort spa. It happened in may and a police report was filed. There has been another victm that has surfaced and she has filed a police report as well. We have been told that it is at the county attorneys office. Do I need to get an attornrey? This happened on an indian reservation. Do i have a case?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Just the police report. No court dates yet. It is at the county attorneys office supposedly
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: AZ
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that is it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.


Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You do not need an attorney for them to be prosecuted criminally.

If you wish to pursue a civil claim then having an attorney is a good idea. They will usually handle this sort of claim on a contingency fee basis. So, you should not need to pay anything upfront.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!