We have rented to a couple for about 15 years she’s ignoring…

Customer Question
We have rented to...

We have rented to a couple for about 15 years she’s ignoring my phone calls late on the rent The property from the outside looks really bad we have asked several times to go in and do a walk-through still all ignored we need to get in and do repairs but I cannot find my rental agreement with them that I have an application I raise the rent two times with in that span can I still do any vection without having that original Rental agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

It was a month-to-month rental agreement that was signed any time there was something that needed to be done we would do it but as time went on it was harder to get a hold of her and we know we need to go in and do work on that property but I can’t get her to cooperate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Yes, you do not need the original rental agreement to commence an eviction for non-payment of rent (or for any other reason). It would be helpful if you at least have a copy of the lease for an unlawful detainer action that may need to be brought, but you can still commence and go through with the eviction process.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.