I am interested in suing the university I currently attend…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in suing the university I currently attend because I was awarded a scholarship over the summer, I registered for school with those funds and now the school is telling me that they removed the scholarship from my account because the awarded it to me by accident. As a result, I would be held responsible for almost $6,000.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Jackson, Ms

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I haven't been able to find an attorney. I have spoken to school administrators however the still refuse to remove the balance even though it's a mistake they made.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have proof of everything. This institution was fully aware that I was a graduate student before they awarded me the scholarship.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Sure

Great, thanks, ***** ***** moment...

Did you have reason to believe you were overpaid at all?