What is the statute of limitations in Florida for medical…

Customer Question
What is the statute...

What is the statute of limitations in Florida for medical malpractice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

State of Florida. Have some hospital records.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Nothing has been filed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. FL statutes section 95.11(4)(b) says that you have two years from the datee on which the harm resulting from the malpractice was -- or should reasonably have been – discovered to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. This means that even if you were unaware, but should have reasonably known of the harm, the clock begins ticking at that time.

What other questions did you have for me?