Concerning probate in state of CA ... What, if any, remedy…

Customer Question
Concerning probate in state...

Concerning probate in state of CA ... What, if any, remedy do i have if the executor of the will is not fulfilling the require duties in a timely manner ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The only thing i have is a copy of the notice of petition. it was mailed to me on 4/19/17. the (DE-121) set a hearing on the petition for 7/19/17. i'm certain it's a small estate as she had been kept in assisted living for a matter of years prior to her death using much of her assetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

3 beneficiaries me living in MD, my brother living in AZ and the 3rd is actually the decedents grandson living in CA....... my big concern is that the executor/grandson is stalling things with intent to keep assets under his control and eventually to not have to make any distribution(s).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you requested an informal accounting from the executor yet.? That is the first step.

I'M BEGINNING TO SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING.
THIS IS NOT A QUESTION
rather it's notification that I will allow the initial $5 charge to my credit cad and NOTHING MORE.
No further communication from your service is required.