I need some legal advice for car insurance collision.

Customer Question
I need some legal...

I need some legal advice for car insurance collision

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Started the claim, filed a police report, and still waiting for insurance adjuster

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, there is a discrepancy w/ my coverage. I have the same insurance company but we're disputing over the transfer of my new car being covered over the old one that I already sold

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
I just downloaded the contract from car dealership
I also downloaded my car registration and my last insurance payment to my insurance company
11/10/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

California lawyer here.

What's your question exactly?

Hi there
I need help expediting my car coverage. My insurance company states I never transferred my insurance over to my new car.
Its been 4 days since I filed the claim and nothing has happened. I need to know from the insurance whether to take my un-drivable car to a collision auto body shop or to junk it.

Has your insurance company been accepting your payments?

I know I couldn't have driven a financed vehicle off the dealership lot w/o insurance and I also purchased GAP insurance same day. There was also no Binder contract.
the last payment 10/19 for 6 month coverage. But it doesn't state any auto information. I downloaded it to you as well if you can see it.

Legally, if the insurer is accepting your payments, then it must insure your vehicle, unless the value is disproportionate to the vehicle previously insured. I'd tell your insurer that you expect to be covered, and if they refuse, then take them to small claims court. You can sue for up to $10,000 in California, so that should more than cover the value of your car.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer