I lost my Job on Oct 24th with a major company. I didn't…

Customer Question
Hello Lawyer's Assistant: Hi...

Hello

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I lost my Job on Oct 24th with a major company. I didn't receive any communication from HR yet. They stop my Health insurance coverage with out notification on 11/10/2017 for 10/24/17

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing, Humana told me that my coverage stopped on 10/24/17 but did not get any notification. My wife is pregnant and I have three kids.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My employer is the Dow Chemical Company. I was fired for no reason

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
When can we sue?

as soon as you are ready, and through local counsel, preferably working on contingency.

Good luck.

Kindly confirm my reply is acceptable by responding "yes"