In light of the latest church massacre I feel vulnerable in…

Customer Question
In light of the...

In light of the latest church massacre I feel vulnerable in church and normally use a cane due to severe degenerative arthritis in my knees. I'm barely able to walk, let alone run from an attacker. I was wondering if replacing my usual cane with on with a sword inside would be an option in the State of Maryland, City of Annapolis.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has happened.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley
  • It is legal to own a balisong knife, also called butterfly knife.
  • it is legal to own dirks, daggers, stilettos, and other slim knives.
  • It is legal to own switchblades, gravity knives, and automatic knives.
  • It is legal to own ballistic knives.
  • It is legal to own disguised knives like belt knives and lipstick knives.
  • It is legal to own throwing stars and throwing knives.
  • It is legal to own undetectable knives.
  • It is legal to own Bowie knives and other large knives.

There are no limitation on the type of knife you can own in Maryland.

• You can not conceal carry a throwing star, dirk, switchblade, gravity knife, or bowie knife.
  • You can not open carry a throwing star, dirk, switchblade, gravity knife, or bowie knife with the intent to harm someone.
  • You can open or conceal carry any sized pocket knife you wish.

If a knife is not listed above, it is most likely to be legal for concealed or open carry.

a lot is going to have to do with keeping the fact that you have a weapon in your walking cane to yourself

It is for protection and not letting people know