What are the limits HOA board held to when try to discourage…

Customer Question
What are the limits...

What are the limits HOA board held to when try to discourage renters can board refuse renter if felon pedifile drug offense

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Management company telling we cant do any of the things i mentions also cant go onto home owners property to take care of violations without homeowner permission

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Gibsonton fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That it for now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Do the bylaws require Association approval of a renter?

Do the bylaws provide any standards for the review of a potential renter application?