I am separated have a joint owned property which the ex is…

Customer Question
I am separated have a...
I am separated have a joint owned property which the ex is in. He has been responsible for the mortgage but is now defaulting and repossession is not far off. The matter had a final hearing in May 2017 and due to the judgement to be handed down. However is there anything I can do to, apart from pay the mortgage, to deal with this situation legally?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You may seek to negotiate to refinance and seek sole title in exchange for paying off the mortgage. This can be mediated or pursued in court. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”