Can you help me add $1000 to my empty bank account? So, you…

Customer Question
Can you help me...

Can you help me add $1000 to my empty bank account? So, you can help me wire transfer $960 to my seller.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not really, the seller has sent me an e-mail with her wire transfer details.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

At roanoke, va us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can you the lawyer help me wire transfer $960 of amount my seller wants? For my earrings.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Can you tell me more about your situation? Whenever someone talks about wire transferring money to a person they're negotiating with only via email, and that person wants a wire transfer, it tends to set off alarm bells. This person could be trying to scam you.
Alright I'll tell you, I have ordered my earrings from Fink's Jewelers paid by Paypal. Then, the payment in Paypal has been a problem. So, the seller from Fink's Jewelers told me that they haven't received the payment. So, she told me how about wire transferring? So, she gave me the wire transfer details as an attachment. Because, from Paypal there was a issue with it. So, can you help me? Please.

I'm not sure you need a lawyer here. It sounds like you may want to talk to Paypal Customer Service, first, to make sure your payment didn't already go through. Then see if they can put it through again. A wire transfer offers no payment protection, and it's expensive. It is not in your best interests as a buyer to send money to anyone that way, especially overseas.

Especially with such a large sum of money. Because if they don't send the earrings, there will be nothing you can do about it.