I have a Workmanscomp settlement question. Ca. Both knees…

Customer Question
I have a Workmanscomp...

I have a Workmanscomp settlement question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes , both knees operated on. Got a settlement of $6000 and lifetime medical coverage on them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes , there offering me another settlement in exchange for no more medical coverage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your workers' compensation law question in California. I'm attorney Bill offering assistance and support. It is possible to sign a release upon settlement with your employer that is approved by a workers' compensation court.

California law provides this as following:

") COMPROMISE AND RELEASE

A Compromise and Release Agreement is a settlement which usually permanently closes all aspects of a workers' compensation claim except for vocational rehabilitation benefits, including any provision for future medical care.

The Compromise and Release is paid in one lump sum to you. It must be reviewed and approved by a Workers' Compensation Judge. "

More information and advise upon signing a release is available by calling the Department of Industrial Relations:

1-***-***-****

By signing the release you will be giving up you right to seek future medical expenses from your employer.

Please follow up with me if you require additional support or assistance today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Thank You

Attorney Bill