I would like to know if now that I have another child, the…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if now that I have another child , the child support amount I give for my first kid would lower ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if I pass child support ever week for my daughter, why does her mother can’t but her clothes , shoes, etc and tells me to buy it instead.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/9/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, if you have another child, whether it's from the other partner or a new partner, then your child support obligation could result downward. The reason for this is because child support obgliations are normally calculated because the state requires that you pay for them. Thus, if you can show proof that you are the father or mother of a new child, then you may request with a court to have your child support obligation reduced. Did you have any other questions for me?